April 20, 2018
CIS Anti-Terrorism Center's deputy head of department Anton Arefiev attended the Inter-Regional Conference on Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism and Radicalization That Lead to Terrorism organized by the Government of the Republic Korea in co-operation with the OSCE on 19-20 April 2018 in Seoul, Republic of Korea.
The agenda included the following topics:
- Challenges and approaches in Preventing/Countering Violent Extremism and Radicalization That Lead to Terrorism (P/CVERLT): Sharing good practices among national, regional and international actors;
- Key priorities in developing a national action plan;
- Empowering youth;
- The role of gender in P/CVERLT;
- Addressing violent extremism and terrorism online: Legal framework and human rights considerations;
- Countering terrorist ideology online.
In his statement the Center's representative informed the audience of the CIS ATC's experience of regional and sub-regional co-operation in countering terrorism and other violent manifestations of extremism and prospects of further development.
The event gathered delegations of 50 states, representatives of 9 international organizations, 12 think tanks and 4 non-governmental organizations.
Photo credits by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea