May 31, 2017
The CIS Anti-Terrorism Centre with the support of the State Committee of National Security of the Republic of Tajikistan organizes a get-together the senior executives of the anti-terrorism units of the security agencies and special services of the CIS member-states on 31 May - 1 June 2017 in Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan.
The agenda includes:
• Opening ceremony (31 May) with participation of the Head of the CIS ATC Colonel-General of Police Andrey Novikov; the Chair of the SCNS of the Republic of Tajikistan Lieutenant-General Saimumin Yatimov, Counsellor to the President of the Republic of Tajikistan Sherali Khairulloev, Minister of Defence of the Republic of Tajikistan Lieutenant-General Sherali Mirzo, Minister of Interior of the Republic of Tajikistan Lieutenant-General Ramazon Rakhimzoda.
• After action review of the first stage of the joint anti-terrorism exercise Dushanbe-Anti-Terror-2017 of the CIS competent authorities conducted in the territories of 6 CIS states (from 23 to 26 May).
During the first stage of the exercise the security agencies and intelligence services of Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia and Tajikistan under the leadership of the coordination HQ of the CIS Anti-Terrorism Centre mastered mechanisms of interaction during coordinated operational search activities against objects of mutual interest; solved tasks to identify and and prevent recruitment operation in social media of the terrorist organization emissaries; checked algorithms of use of capacities of the CIS collective-use information systems during screening (CIS ATC Specialized Data Bank, CIS security agencies and intelligence services United Data Bank to Counter Organized Crime, United Data Bank of Fingerprint Information, Counter-Terrorism International Data Bank) and dactyloscopic software-hardware stations; elaborated scheme of mutual information and notification in case of real terrorist threat.
• Conduct of a second stage (security operation) of the exercise Dushanbe Anti-Terror-2017, including:
- counter-terrorist operation involving hostage release and simulated terrorists' neutralization at a key infrastructure facility invloving special units of the SCNS and Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Tajikistan; Republican EMERCOM (31 May);
- a joint tactical operation of the Minostry of Defence and National Guard of the Republic of Tajikistan and Armed Forces of the Russian Federation to block and eliminate large an armed gang which have penetrated a state border of the Republic of Tajikistan (31 May - Lyaur training ground, 1 June – Kharb-Maydon range).
• Meeting of the Scientific and Advisory Council at CIS ATC (1 June).
The get-together of the senior executives of the anti-terrorism units of the security agencies and intelligence services of the CIS member-states is organized annually in accordance with the Program of cooperation of the CIS member-states in combating terrorism and other violent manifestations of extremism and is a key component of anti-terrorism cooperation of the Commonwealth states.
Since 2003 this forum held under the auspices of the CIS Anti-Terrorism Centre has been a platform to discuss topical issues of inter-state and inter-agency cooperation in combating terrorism and extremism, to share experience, to master algorithms of cooperation of the CIS competent authorities in the form of joint anti-terrorism exercises. Participants of the two-day event will be delegations of the competent authorities of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, defence ministries of the Republic of Belarus, Republic of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Russian Federation, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan; representatives of the CIS statutory and branch cooperation institutions (Executive Committee, Secretariat of the Council of the Ministers of Defence, Coordination Service of the CIS Council of the Commanders of the Border Forces, Council of the Heads of Financial Intelligence Units, Council of the Heads of Penal Services, Office for the Coordination of the Fight Against Organized Crime and Other Dangerous Types of Crime on the CIS Territory, Interstate Aviation Committee); regional and international organizations (Executive Committee of the Regional Anti-Terrorism Structure of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, Collective Security Treaty Organization, Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe).
CIS ATC Press Office
8 (495) 987-04-56