Approved by the decision of the Council of the Heads of CIS Member-States as of 16 September 2016 on the Program of cooperation of the CIS member-states in combating terrorism and other violent manifestations of extremism for 2017-2019.
The approval of the Program arises from the necessity in adequate response of the CIS member-states to the current changes in the operational situation in the counter-terrorism and counter-extremism activity.
The provided by the Program set of measures rests upon the provisions of the Treaty of Cooperation of the Commonwealth of Independent States Member-States in Combating Terrorism as of 4 June 1999 and Concept of Cooperation of the Commonwealth of Independent States Member-States in Combating Terrorism and other Violent Manifestations of Extremism as of 26 August 2005.
The agreed principles and norms of the international law, international commitments of the CIS member-states and their national laws, as well as the state, trends and dynamics in the development of the situation in combating terrorism and over violent manifestations of extremism in the territory of the CIS member-states and in the world are taken into consideration in elaboration of the Program.
The purpose of the Program is to further improve cooperation of the CIS member-states, CIS bodies in combating terrorism and other violent manifestations of extremism.
The key focus of the Program is on:
- preparation of proposals to the Council of the Heads of States, Heads of Governments, other CIS bodies on the directions of improvement of cooperation in combating terrorism and other violent manifestations of extremism;
- development of international regulatory legal framework;
- improvement and harmonization of the national laws, conduct of coordinated and/or joint preventive, search and special operations, interaction with international organizations;
- information and analytical work and scientific activity in the counter-terrorism field, informational support of cooperation;
- cooperation in personnel training and advanced training.